Empowering Youth with EVS in Uganda
All Application and its attachments! have to be in English, otherwise the applications will not be considered.
Please be aware this volunteer placement is for the young people aged between 18-29. For the people, who are outside of this age range, we are not able to provide any opportunity.
Please include your country code.
Your Residence Country
These volunteering placements are open for residents in Romania, Turkey and Spain. We are sorry that we are not able to accept any volunteers from other countries.
Please provide the essential details of your main studies at school, university and college as appropriate
Employment & Internship
Please provide the essential details of employment, internship experience.
Please provide the essential details of volunteering experience.
Please provide the essential details of training experience.
Please provide information about any special skills such as related to drama, music, theater any creative talent that you might have. Or as well as any practical skills related to vocational training ( mechanics, electronics, hairdressing, cooking etc.) that KYDA provides.
Please provide information about your language skills. For the volunteering position the English language is a must. Additional languages would be an asset.
Please provide about any health condition that you have! If you have special needs or dietary needs, mental or physical conditions or chronic illnesses. And indicate as well as if you have any illnesses that might create an issue to get any vaccination ( For example. Multiple Sclerosis ). Please be as much as open in this section, not being open in this section will jeopardise your safety, so we have to know any health condition that you might have.
Which field you would like to work in KYDA?
Child work ( Orphans & Street Children )
Vocational Education ( Carpentry, Woodcraft , Hairdressing, Mechanics, Textile Work )
Gardening & Construction Work
Social Media and Internet Work
Crowdfunding and Fundraising
Other ( Please explain down )
Please do not select more than 3 options.
Please motivate your choices above! Why you selected those topics and in which ways you think you can add value to KYDA's work?
Besides their work, what in additional you can offer KYDA related to your skills?
Which dates are fits to you to go?
1st Round : 15/06/2019 – 13/09/2019
2nd Round : 15/09/2019 – 17/12/2019
3rd Round : 10/01/2020 – 10/04/2020
Please send max. one minute video why do you want to be volunteer in Uganda! - This is to check your language abilities so, we are sure you are able to speak English and express yourself as a must to be part of this volunteering program. You can use Youtube to upload the video and put the link here.
Please upload your CV in PDF format.
Please read carefully the statements below and if you are not sure, that you agree the statement or not, keep it unchecked.
• I can live in a challenging environment which includes mosquitos, dust, huge traffic, dirty water, possible illnesses
• I know how to keep myself safe from any outside danger
• I am going there not to have a touristic purpose but to do volunteering ( that does not mean we expect you to work for 10 hours per day but at least 6 hours per day you would have to work and you will have 2,5 days in a month and weekends )
• I am eager to create new ideas, help the staff of KYDA and the other volunteers in case of any need
• I can live with 7 other people from different countries at the same house in harmony
• I would not attach any children personally and get emotional on the conditions of the working place ( That's the most important part, we don't want to have a volunteer returning with burn-out)
• I would keep the house clean and respect the private places of the other people in volunteer house
• I will pay attention to the advises from my mentors and the staff of KYDA during my work as well as free time
• In any case of a conflict, I will try to talk with my mentor and my sending organization before taking any action